Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do you think Trump will wear to court on Monday?

What do you think Trump will wear to court on Monday?

I’m thinking he will wear his blue suit and an extra long red tie – or maybe he will wear his other blue suit and his other extra long red tie. This trial will be different for Trump – he can’t just shake his head and leave like he did last time he was in court. Once it starts Trump will have to sit there until the judge says it’s time to go. I bet at some point during the trial Trump will find himself in contempt of court and they will take his extra long red tie and his shoe laces before they put him in a cell. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - April 13

Responses

If he gets what he deserves for violating the gag order today, he will wear an orange jump suit. I'm not holding my breath, though.
      April 13, 2024 6:10 PM MDT

I hope they do put in a cell.  It only makes him stronger. 
      April 13, 2024 6:39 PM MDT

So being in contempt of court and endangering peoples life makes a person stronger? A strong person calmly faces a judge and proves their innocence with evidence. Cheers and happy weekend!

April 13, 2024 7:53 PM MDT

Judges with conflicts of interest should not order defendants to shut up about those conflicts of interest. 
      April 13, 2024 9:02 PM MDT

Seems like Trump isn't the only one being gagged.
      April 14, 2024 9:35 PM MDT

Only with his base, and those ppl don't need convincing. Nobody else is voting for a criminal.
      April 13, 2024 8:48 PM MDT

Then why are so many more people registering as Republicans?  And why does he jump in the polls every time they use to the law to attack him?  

April 13, 2024 8:58 PM MDT

Except that absolutely none of that sh** ever happened.
      April 13, 2024 9:13 PM MDT

None??? You got to be kidding me....

Tell that to the miltary personnel who were forced to resign or take the clot shot. 
    Tell that to the families of people who died because they were refused treatment because they did not take the clot shot. 
    Biden administration admitted to working with social media to censor opposing views.  There is a case at the SCOTUS right now. 
    Is Trump not a political opponent who has been arrested multiple times.
    They are actively opposing voter ID, proof of citizenship to register to vote, etc. 
    You can watch him read the note cards telling him which reporter to call on and then watch him read the answer.  

Lol....none...that is funny. 
      April 13, 2024 9:52 PM MDT

* mandated experimental injections
    They've been requiring military personnel to get an annual flu shot since pre-Obama - those are narrow spectrum and don't actually work in most cases.
    * denied life saving treatments to patients
    Another conspiracy theory, the so-called "death lists" never actually existed
    *pressured social media companies to censor and shadow ban citizens
    Twitter and Meta (Facebook) did that because they were being sued to smithereens for dissemination of false and defamatory information - and that started happening on Trump's watch
    * arrests political opponents
    One - and Trump has been arrested and charged with actual crimes, breaking laws that were mandated decades ago. Nothing "trumped" up or he wouldn't be ranting about "pardoning himself". Most of that was in the pipeline while His Royal Orangeness was POTUS as well.
    * rules by executive order
    As Trump did and none of Biden's EOs have been unconstitutional. Trump tried to overturn the 14th Amendment by EO
    * opposes voter integrity measures
    Those that disadvantage the poorer elements of society. As he should.
    * will not hold an unscripted press conference
    He's held those a dozen times since being elected. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 16, 2024 2:17 PM MDT
      April 14, 2024 10:47 PM MDT

mandated experimental injections
    ....CLOT SHOT was mandated and experimental.   No one is talking about the normal flu shit. 

* denied life saving treatments to patients

In an email to USA TODAY, UCHealth spokesperson Kelly Tracer confirmed that "in almost all situations, transplant recipients and living donors," within the health system "are now required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in addition to meeting other health requirements." 
    *pressured social media companies to censor and shadow ban citizens
    Twitter and Meta (Facebook) did  because Congress threatened them if they did not- and that started happening on Trump's watch. Dems and media started working together to stop Trump. They openly admit this...why deny it. 

* arrests political opponents
    One - and Trump...breaking laws that were mandated decades ago. (Nothing was decades ago except the affair with Stephanie Cliffords....not illegal...sleazy but legal.  Paying hush money also sleavy but not illegal.  Even if claimed to be a campaign finance violation...penalties for those are fines. 
    ..classified docts if Trump as POTUS is guilty then arrest Biden he took and kept classified docts as Senator and kept the everywhere. In his garage, at Penn State, at vacation homes, in his office....AS a Senator.  He was never supposed to leave the stiff in DC with the doctuments.   These are crimes taking place over decades...Biden was first elected in the 1970s. 

* rules by executive order
    ...if  none of Biden's EOs have been unconstitutional. Why have they been over ruled by courts? 

* opposes voter integrity measures
    Those that disadvantage the poorer elements of society.....
    --IDs for voting are free in every state that requires them.  Most give welfare recipients a gov ID when they are approved.   

* will not hold an unscripted press conference
    He's held those a dozen times since being elected..
    A whole 12 times...in nearly 4 yrs.  Trump did much more often daily.  And Obama did as well.
      April 15, 2024 7:30 AM MDT

Breaking laws that were mandated decades ago. Fraud has been illegal for as long as the United Stateshas existed, as have treason and sedition. Never mind decades, those laws were mandated CENTURIES ago.
    Trump also quit holding press conferences, scripted or otherwise, in mid 2020. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 15, 2024 6:59 PM MDT
      April 15, 2024 6:51 PM MDT

Yes laws were written decades or even centuries ago. And those laws apply to Biden as well. 

Trump took questions directly from the press almost daily his entire term....including the entire year of 2020. 
      April 16, 2024 5:33 AM MDT

Maybe since it is a special occasion Trump will wear his Tuxedo. I think the Queen of England once said “I am not amused” but when she saw Trump in his tux she was. Cheers! 

April 14, 2024 8:19 AM MDT

April 15, 2024 9:06 AM MDT

Hey he did wear his blue suit and a extra long red tie. For every artical that says the trial is an assult on America there are 10 others that say it is not. Cheers!
      April 15, 2024 9:33 AM MDT

People forget that this isn't the first time a US Presidential candidate has been tried for campaign violations involving 'hush money '. The case against John Edwards ended with the jury deadlocked on all but one charge and it ended in a mistrial.  I think, based on the complexity of the charges, the same will happen with Trump. The main difference is that it ended Edwards' political career while Trump is using it to campaign on.

Additionally,  world leaders have been criminally charged in several countries, including Italy and France. The idea that Trump is the only person since Jesus to endure this persecution is complete nonsense. 
      April 15, 2024 10:11 AM MDT

"Amen" on your last sentence especially.

EDIT, ADDED LATER, AFTER THE ABOVE:
    And Mr. Trump , at the least, in my opinion, 'asked for' at least some of the treatment he's getting.
    And he surely seems that he "can dish it out" but he seems to have trouble "taking it."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 15, 2024 7:00 PM MDT
      April 15, 2024 3:27 PM MDT

Edward's had rich supporters paying for his affair.  Supporters are only allowed to donate $2500 to any one candidate during the campaign.   There 2 supporters who gave $millions.

Trump gave his own money. (Candidate is not subject to the donation limits) But this is not a campaign finance violation.  Trump has a history of paying hush money and would have paid it regardless of if there was a campaign or not.  The campaign finance violation would have been if he claimed it as a campaign expense.

Also one of the reasons the Edward's jury was unable to come up with a verdict was that it must be proven that Edward's knew the payments were illegal at the time.  So this means that they will have to prove that Trump knew the payments were illegal at the time.  Unless of course, Edwards is (D)ifferent.  
      April 16, 2024 5:25 AM MDT

All irrelevant to my point that Trump is not the first. I made no comment on guilt, innocence or appropriateness of the charges. Both were charged with paying to hide information that had the potential to affect their chances of being elected.  

But yes, the prosecution will need to prove that was Trump's intent and the trial will reveal whether or not they have the proof. I certainly don't know what they have, and I will have no opinion until I do.

April 16, 2024 10:12 AM MDT

This still not the same.   They are going after Trump on actions that are out of statute of limitations. (Edwards was not) Also paid with Trump's money...again not Edwards' money....so not the same thing.   It is different but we will see if it is (D)ifferent or not. 
      April 16, 2024 11:54 AM MDT

Whatever
      April 16, 2024 12:04 PM MDT

I know you didn't mean it this way but my first thought made me smile -- 

"Yes, the person in this picture is an assault on America."

:)

April 15, 2024 3:26 PM MDT

Lol.  The words are actually a caption of him speaking.  

But either way....I guess you will just have get ready to me assaulted again. Cause he is gonna win this November.   ;)
      April 16, 2024 11:49 AM MDT