Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did you know 43% of registered voters did not vote in the presidential election?

Did you know 43% of registered voters did not vote in the presidential election?

Do some people know it is their responsibility to vote? Didn't their parents teach them about the importance of it? I remember my parents always considered this very important, so I feel the same way. 

Posted - November 16, 2016

Responses

Can't you leave a blank? 
      November 17, 2016 6:38 AM MST

You don't have to vote at all if you don't want to, at least here we don't. I guess you could write in anyone you want.
      November 17, 2016 6:57 AM MST

And thereby show your interest in letting your voice speak. 
      November 17, 2016 7:02 AM MST

Tell me what the value of a trump supporter in california or hawaii voting is when he or she may see that the election is decided for trump before late evening in this time zone and it is known the state will go blue anyway?

Tell me what the value of anyone voting is when they do not approve of any candidate?
      November 17, 2016 6:56 AM MST

43 percent have learned since your parents voted that votes don't give the desired effect people living in the halcyon days of the 50's enjoyed.  People are sickened by the choices they have and get totally turned off. 

I cannot pretend to understand the ballot. I don't have time to sit and study the background of 50 people on that ticket much less 100 or more that we are supposed to select from.

Those "little" guys form the body of the process.  Those little guys wind up in the house and senate and cause havoc aplenty no matter who gains a foothold in the White House.   It is simply too complex for most people to understand who or what they are supposed to care about and what that person can actually do for anyone.

It is mostly about voting one way to stop the other way.  Vote Democratic to keep the Republicans out and vice-versa.  That is all it is any longer.  But if those 45 percent would have voted, I think Trump would be history.  So you are probably right on.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 17, 2016 9:59 AM MST
      November 17, 2016 9:57 AM MST

I have always taken my right to vote VERY serious.  I figure I don't ever have the right to bitch about any candidate unless I cast my vote.  

It's a darn shame more people don't vote so we would have a real sense of what the country truly wanted.

I did hear that Hillary had the second most ever votes in the popular count.  It just wasn't in places that mattered with the electoral college.  

Even if both candidates were undesirable, I still felt obligated to vote for one. 
      November 17, 2016 11:03 AM MST