Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why are some folks freaking out so much about Hillary's loss? Even old Bill didn't believe she was running an effective campaign.

Why are some folks freaking out so much about Hillary's loss? Even old Bill didn't believe she was running an effective campaign.

And she blamed James Comey, not herself - to wit:

"Clinton herself has blamed FBI Director James Comey for re-launching an investigation into her emails only to clear her days before the vote; while operatives across the spectrum, including former President Bill Clinton in the campaign’s closing days, argued that she failed to adequately reach working class white voters that had been drifting away from the Democratic Party."

Read the rest here - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-campaign-neglect_us_582cacb0e4b058ce7aa8b861

I
've heard people ask what principles she had other than thinking it was her turn?

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

I borrowed this and I am sure the other Mugger won't mind.

"I'm still sick to my stomach, and not basically because the Republicans won or anything, but the disgusting tenor, tone and all the comments that have been xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic," he said before the Spurs' home game against the Detroit Pistons. "And I live in that country where half the people ignored all that to elect someone. That's the scariest part of [the] whole thing to me.

"It's got nothing to do with the environment, Obamacare and all the other stuff. We live in a country that ignored all those values that we would hold our kids accountable for."
      November 18, 2016 1:48 PM MST

• Well in all honesty.. logic dictates to those who possess the ability to stand back and think logically that the email debacle DID damage CLinton's campaign... she was streets ahead.. and she looked confident whereas Trump looked like a raving baboon with about as much manners... It harmed her substantially.. everyone says so.. well apart from the trumpeters of course.. and logically it would.. people wavered.. I suspect that wavering will yet cost them dear.. 

If you can stand back from all the mudslinging hatred and still simmering anger (my theory is that they were whipped up into a mad frenzy and now have no outlet for it) then they might well ask WHY it was even made public that they had reopened an investigation.. Normally policy is that you would NOT make public an ongoing or active investigation.. 

So while i am not one for conspiracy theories.. it occurred to me that perhaps some very funny business going on here and a plot to *help* Trump.. they had no choice but to drop the investigation at the last minute as they found no new evidence...but by then the damage had been done... 

Not sure why the trumpeters cannot see this? But perhaps that says a lot..
      November 18, 2016 2:24 PM MST

I don't think it's Hillary's loss that's freaking people out so much as Trump's win. He's a racist, sexist, homophobe, Islamaphobe and overall bigot who knows absolutely nothing about national and foreign policy. But even worse, nothing about basic nuclear terminology while at the same time having few qualms about using nuclear weapons. He literally said he wouldn't rule out dropping a nuclear bomb on Europe. Add to that the thin skin which had him spending a week battling a Gold Star family whose son lost his life heroically in Iraq, and another week tweeting about a Miss Universe from 20 years ago because she was mean to him, and you've gotten very close to the perfect storm. The man is dangerous, and one heck of an embarrassment to our country.
      November 18, 2016 10:18 PM MST