Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What is the "good news"? In fact it is the best news ever for all mankind!

What is the "good news"? In fact it is the best news ever for all mankind!

It is, that no matter what you have done... (murdered, stolen, lied, and hated) you will be completely forgiven by God and go to heaven if you repent, and have faith in Jesus (that he was born by a virgin, is Gods Son, died for humanities sins, rose from the dead) Not only is there hope for us in the next life but help for today. He answers our prayers if we put him first, and love him, and all people. He gives us a new heart. It is the only hope for humanity. God wants us to love him, because he loves us. The world was cursed after Adam and Eve but he is still in charge and will keep you safe if you love him. And he is coming back very soon to judge the living and the dead! And right now the gospel is going out to the whole world like never before (which is the last prophesy before Jesus comes back.)

Posted - June 24, 2016

Responses

June 24, 2016 6:28 AM MDT

"We ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory of God" God says.

June 24, 2016 6:35 AM MDT

Why don't you think it is good news? We are all heading to hell otherwise.

June 24, 2016 6:36 AM MDT

Luke 4:18“The Spirit of the LORD is upon me,
    for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.
    He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
    that the blind will see,
    that the oppressed will be set free,
    19and that the time of the LORD’s favor has come

The Good News for all of us is the everlasting salvation that is offered by Jesus' sacrifice for our sins.

The last prophecy before Jesus Christ comes back is the 2 witnesses coming and prophesying for 3 1/2 yrs before Satan is allowed to kill them and they lay die for 3 1/2 days before they get up and then Jesus will return.
      June 24, 2016 6:40 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 6:51 AM MDT

OK, but God is fixing it for us. Without God's help we would be in trouble. We need him. He doesn't have to help us when we are hateful, and selfish as we all are as humans.

June 24, 2016 6:55 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 6:58 AM MDT

Did He mention that "in fact" is 2 words?

June 24, 2016 6:58 AM MDT

It is hard to know the order of the events of the 21 events in Revelations 7 angels, 7 plaques, 7 seals and what is meant by 31/2 years of the 2 witnesses.  Part of Revelations is Jesus crucifixion I believe. The 1000 years a period of the new testament, when Satan was defeated on the cross. Jesus overcame sin. Jesus sat down and said "it is finished" However we don't know exactly the order of all these events in the Revelations. I believe it  is the history of the world to the end, After reading Revelations 100 times or more and the rest of the Bible many times  I believe All has been fulfilled and Jesus is coming any day. This is not what all churches teach but I think they wish Jesus would tarry because they love this life. In the last days Satan takes a seat in the Holy place (in church) Satan would like people to think that there is time. We need to be ready any day.

June 24, 2016 7:35 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 7:43 AM MDT

Are you talking about Jesus? He was the only innocent man who died, but he did it willingly so you can live:)

June 24, 2016 9:45 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 9:57 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 9:59 AM MDT

I am trying to get the gospel out, yes, and it makes me very sad that you think I only think about myself., and that I am disrespectful. So I guess you are being sarcastic when you say thank you.

June 24, 2016 10:07 AM MDT

I Cor. 15. Jesus' message of salvation.
      June 24, 2016 10:08 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 10:16 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 10:17 AM MDT

The 1000 yrs is the Millinium when Jesus will have returned to rule and reign, teach without the influence of Satan and his demons, Satan is thrown into the pitt and bound for the 1000 yrs.  

Matt 24 Jesus tells us what will happen BEFORE He returns. Starting with vs 3 continuing through the end of the chapter.

Yes Satan will take his place in the church and claim to be Jesus.  And many will fall and worship Satan believing him to be the true Christ.  But Jesus will not return before any of these prophecies are fulfilled as that would make the Bible false and Jesus would never do that.

Yes we must be ready any day because we are not know for sure that we will be here tomorrow (we could die from anything)

June 24, 2016 10:31 AM MDT

That's only if you happen to be Christian. But in case you're too naive to notice, we're not all Christians. You would do well to keep your beliefs to yourself and leave the rest of us to ours. That would be even better news.
      June 24, 2016 10:37 AM MDT

Hello C:

It sounds good, but I don't wanna be anywhere where they don't allow dogs.

excon

June 24, 2016 10:40 AM MDT

Hello Stu:

Oy...

excon

June 24, 2016 10:40 AM MDT

We interpret those verses differently. Satan has been bound when Jesus conquered sin on Calvary. And I think everything has been fulfilled. Antichrist is Satan, He is ruling the churches now, Jesus will make a new heaven and earth NOT occupy this earth again. I don't agree with your  interpretation. I believe Everything in the end times are happening now. When Jesus comes in the clouds it will be too late for anyone to change their minds about God.

June 25, 2016 6:56 AM MDT

You know, I'm gonna just bypass the question itself to ask another question;

does it not bother you that your religion is based on religions that have come thousands of years before????

there is nothing original at all in Christianity........period!!!!!!!!

the ancient Egyptians had a god, I think called "Ra' who was born of humble parents in a cave, died, and was resurrected....and other ancient religions had the same type of thing.

I am not condemning you for believing in Jesus,,,,,,just wondering if you ever gave this any thought....

I had a very devout friend who, when I told him this, said he didn't care; he still loved Jesus and Jesus was his Lord and that's all there was to it.

SOOOOO just curious as to your thoughts on this?????

as for your question, sad to say, 1/4 of the population have no 'religious preference'.......I think, perhaps, that organized religion is not as 'sturdy' these days as some people think...

but, to each their own........I dislike organized 'religion' VERY much.........mankind has put his grubby little hands all over it, but that's another story............

June 25, 2016 8:04 AM MDT

Well of course there are many religions. In the 10 commandments ( exodus 20) God says that He is a jealous God punishing the children of the parents to the 3rd and 4th generation who hate him, and blessing the children of the parents to the thousands generation who love him. But we are sinners and all religions work to appease God except Christianity because Jesus died and took our sins on his shoulders. Jesus did the work. ALL other religions tells people to work to get to heaven. What about your sins? God is Holy and we are sinners. We have to answer for our sins. All have sinned! All people know this in our hearts God says. Jesus says I am the way, the truth, the life. NO ONE comes to God except through me. If you read the Bible it talks about many pagan religions. I am so scared to make God jealous. I want him to bless my family. God has made a way for us to be redeemed to himself. "How can you escape if you neglect such a great salvation" God says: And I agree with you that organized religion is not great a lot of the time. I believe there are very few Biblical and loving churches left. Jesus says "judge not or you will be judged"..

June 25, 2016 8:47 AM MDT