Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Why is it so hard to Love?

Why is it so hard to Love?

We have to love ALL people. God wants us to pray for those who are our enemies, not be scared. I love all people, terrorists too. I pray for them, the police, black people who have been mistreated, all refugees, our sad nation who can't empathize with blacks, we all, everyone, needs prayer. Everyone needs to be more loving, not scared. God is waiting for us to love our neighbors.

Posted - July 13, 2016

Responses

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:43

July 13, 2016 9:48 AM MDT

Matthew 12:36King James Version (KJV)

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

July 13, 2016 10:21 AM MDT

Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. John 3:18

July 13, 2016 12:01 PM MDT

Because first ya gotta trust.
      July 13, 2016 12:07 PM MDT

July 13, 2016 12:12 PM MDT

It is hard to Love everyone because we are not biologically wired to do so.

The evidence from the scientific community says most of us have the capacity to truly deeply love about 10-12 people (about the size of an extended family). We have the capacity to know and care significantly about the hopes/dreams/fears of about 150 people (about the size of a pre-technological human tribe). Anything beyond that and people become abstractions to us.

When we think about abstractions, different parts of our brains are activated than we we think about the people we see as people.

Trying to retrain our brain to think about abstractions of people with the same regions of our brains as we use to think about the actual people in our lives takes a lot of practice...and most of humanity is pretty bad at it.

July 13, 2016 12:25 PM MDT

Thank you I think we have to teach our children better then:)

July 13, 2016 12:51 PM MDT

Sure we can get hurt... but what kind of world do we want to live in? Are we afraid of being weak? I think it takes more strength to love than to hate and retaliate.

July 13, 2016 12:55 PM MDT