Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Think out loud- what have you been thinking about recently?

Think out loud- what have you been thinking about recently?

that would be interesting for the rest of us to hear? I've been thinking about Trump's kids and how perfect they are but all working for daddy....mmmh

Posted - July 22, 2016

Responses

I thought about them too and wonder. No matter how hard I try to rationalize the fact that daddy treats them like gold and no wonder they have nice things to say, I can't help but wonder.  How they could get behind a piece of shit like that no matter how good he is to them.   What walls have been built in their minds regarding daddy.   Speaking of walls.  

I have seen shows of fathers who have murdered their wives . I have seen kids, despite evidence that anyone can plainly see, swear up and down that their father is innocent. 

So imagine the Svengali-like effect someone who has given you everything good in life must have on a person.   It would be impossible for them to think he is anything but GOD.   How sad.

I am reminded of the Regans.   The kids had zero respect for dad.  That was the one thing cool Ronnie Reagan did.  He allowed for it.  He let his kids tear him apart and he remained serene and kind towards them.     I respected those kids for speaking their own minds and I respected Regan for letting them have their own minds. 

It spoke volumes of his grace and bearing.   But, unfortunately, his politics left a lot to be desired.  Trump is so much worse, he doesn't even HAVE any politics.    Reagan would puke if he saw what has happened to his Party.

Uh..... so that is what I was thinking.

July 22, 2016 3:35 AM MDT

• perfect? .. There are people paid more than us to make that allusion seem true ...
    Then Richard Cory went home and put a bullet in his head ..
    An old song from an ever older poem ... none the less true though
      July 22, 2016 3:36 AM MDT

Sorry, it would have to go in the adult category.

July 22, 2016 2:39 PM MDT