Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you fully grasp what Almighty God Did?

Do you fully grasp what Almighty God Did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzYKovRsJ8

Posted - July 24, 2016

Responses

God never behaves like a madman. People act unloving towards God and people. God made us and he can choose who he takes good care of and who he kills right? God knows more than you. He says "The heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it?" God knows how wicked we are. He is very, very patient with us. All he wants is for us to realize Jesus is Gods son, repent our sins, and love people.

July 26, 2016 11:19 AM MDT

July 26, 2016 11:21 AM MDT

It is Gods own words. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" I quoted God, deer:)

July 26, 2016 11:35 AM MDT

God told Moses precisely what to write down. It was God's words not Moses words.

God doesn't need to explain anything. Jesus said that no one comes to the Father but through me. We can only understand the Bible if God teaches us through the Holy Spirit (if we are born again, and have had our hearts changed)

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"1 Tim

July 26, 2016 11:53 AM MDT

Stepper, Someone accused me of being superstitious. I am a Christian and believe in God, I am not superstitious. But if someone accuses me of being superstitious how is science any less superstitious? My point was that people who trust in science alone are  superstitious because there are many things that are unexplained by science. So How do you explain HOW the big bang happened foreinstance? Christians say God spoke. How do you explain it?  I have  masters degree in science. God created science. We can not understand how God works. Did you make the world? Can you create stars? How do you know for sure there is no God?

July 26, 2016 12:34 PM MDT

God spoke and then it was. That is how Christians explain it.  If someone calls that superstitious than you explain it! It appears to me you want to argue. I care about you and others here and I don't want to argue but to tell them the hope that is in me, that's all. God has blessed me so much. I love him, and all people.

July 26, 2016 1:00 PM MDT

I was the one accused. I defended myself.You keep arguing with me. I believe Christians understand the Bible and how the world began because God spoke and we believe it. You don't believe it which is fine with me. But don't call me superstitious unless you can explain the big bang. I explain the big bang by reading the Bible. You don't. Don't criticize and argue with me constantly.You are very argumentative. I care about you that is why I am witnessing. I don't want to argue. I respect your beliefs. Please respect mine.

July 26, 2016 1:20 PM MDT

You accused me of lying because I believe in God's word which I said is all I need to understand. You have accused me of being materialistic when I shared that God blessed me.

God gives me understanding why you do this however. Satan deceives the whole world.

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

Revelations

July 26, 2016 1:39 PM MDT

Creating living, thinking beings, and putting them to a test that (being omniscient) He knew they would fail, then getting angry when they failed, and cursing them for failing, then allowing them to multiply into thousands, or millions maybe, again knowing what would happen, then drowning 99.9% of them (including 99.9% of the animals to, because I guess they were wicked as well?), only to have the fundamental human flaw (that HE created in the first place) still intact, then (for some reason) deciding that the best way to deal with the situation would be to A) Have his devotees cut off the skin at the end of their penises and B) Come down to Earth in Human form, and have himself murdered (but not really) in the most cruel way possible, DOESN'T sound like madness to you? 

From my perspective, it just sounds like a mishmash of utter bollocks, which any sane person should ignore. But even from your perspective, you have to agree that I was given a brain that thinks this way, and so made that belief is impossible for me, which would be antithetical to "God's" stated intent that all humans would believe in and worship him. Oh, but of course, there is that other guy, who conveniently explains my disbelief along with all the other evils of the world. Well, to me, it sounds like a complete con job. If you were told such a whackadoodle story by anyone else, in any other context other than Christianity, you wouldn't believe it either. Which is why you disbelieve all the other whackadoodle nonsense out there, like Scientology and Mormonism. I've just gone one step further and concluded Christianity was nonsense from the start as well.

July 26, 2016 2:00 PM MDT

No God is not mad, people are mad. God is Holy, we are sinful. We can't make excuses for our sinfulness. God expects perfection!! This is what God says,

"Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19And this is the verdict: The Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.…"

I believe God is very loving. But we are very selfish. He created us all and he has rules and laws for the universe (like gravity) We are separated from God, but Jesus came down from heaven to take all our sins on his shoulders. He didn't have to do that. "How can you escape if you neglect such a great salvation" Jesus says.

July 26, 2016 2:20 PM MDT

Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night…"

July 26, 2016 2:40 PM MDT

I  believe Satan blinds the whole world, you too. I pray for you because you are persecuting me for my faith. I love God and am only witnessing.

"Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. And this is the verdict: The Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness more than light, because their deeds are evil.

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.…"

July 26, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

Has it not gotten through to you that I don't care one bit about what you say that God says, or what that moldy old book says that God says? It's so clearly nothing but made up stories, strewn with bits of Middle Eastern history, and the whole mess presented as established fact.

This is nothing against you personally, but like I said, if you want to know how it comes across to me, just imagine someone telling you the story of how the world came to be, but through the stories of the Norse tradition. Fascinating, even beautiful storytelling, but about as convincing as an L. Ron Hubbard novel. 

July 26, 2016 3:04 PM MDT

Yes, God sent His Son to die for us.

(1 John 4:9, 10) By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him. 10 The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.
    (1 John 4:14, 15) In addition, we ourselves have seen and are bearing witness that the Father has sent his Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever acknowledges that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.

(1 Timothy 2:5, 6) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

(Romans 5:12-17) That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned—. 13 For sin was in the world before the Law, but sin is not charged against anyone when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death ruled as king from Adam down to Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the same way that Adam transgressed, who bears a resemblance to the one who was to come. 15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if by one man’s trespass many died, how much more did the undeserved kindness of God and his free gift by the undeserved kindness of the one man, Jesus Christ, abound to many! 16 Also, it is not the same with the free gift as with the way things worked through the one man who sinned. For the judgment after one trespass was condemnation, but the gift after many trespasses was a declaration of righteousness. 17 For if by the trespass of the one man death ruled as king through that one, how much more will those who receive the abundance of the undeserved kindness and of the free gift of righteousness rule as kings in life through the one person, Jesus Christ!

(Acts 2:36) Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for a certainty that God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you executed on a stake.”

August 2, 2016 4:51 AM MDT

1- If it is Almighty God who did that, then shouldn't we thank Him for that.

2- I think Jesus attributed all good to Almighty God. If we are followers of Jesus then shouldn't we thank Almighty God for that.

3- If we thank Jesus for that then aren't we in danger of falling foul of both, Almighty God and Jesus.

August 2, 2016 6:18 AM MDT

God says

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ."

Colossians 2:8

August 2, 2016 7:58 AM MDT

God says

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ."

August 2, 2016 7:59 AM MDT

Yes, that's why I post the scriptures. Don't you find it funny that your primary doctrines like the trinity and immortality of the soul are not in any translation?

The Bible is so that we can get to know God as well as find out the hope for the future after Adam's fall yet not one inspired writer mentioned a trinity or immortality of the soul. 'hollow and deceptive philosophy' indeed.

August 2, 2016 9:35 AM MDT

so if someone shows you in the Bible where the Christ himself is saying something which appears to go against "Christian" teaching then you would ignore that saying of the Christ because you must "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world" Yes?

Because that's exactly what you've just done to me. In my answer I said we should follow the example of Jesus. If he thanked God then so should we. In your response you quoted Colossians 2:8

August 2, 2016 5:26 PM MDT

I have answered your question about 6 months ago and today again. Jesus prayed to God when he was man and walked around us but he was deity. There is the Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit. One God three persons. Please read this again and really consider it.

God says

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ."

August 2, 2016 5:57 PM MDT

Sure, God came along because a long time ago, some people started religions and thought up "God" as a convenient way to explain how everything came to be. Contrary to the BS presumably shown in your video, there was no magic about it.

And don't even bother trying to refute this with some odd biblical verse. Words are not proof of their own truth.
      August 2, 2016 6:24 PM MDT

How do you know that anyone said that? Biblical verse is no proof of its own truth. That's the fallacy of circular logic.
      August 2, 2016 6:26 PM MDT

OK I won't quote a scripture for you today:) But please listen to a changed heart. Here is a Jewish man on You tube. One for Israel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sMEkGoojbg

August 2, 2016 6:45 PM MDT

I know that the Bible is true. It was God speaking to the Jewish people, to Moses, Abraham, Isaac,  and Jacob, and God coming down from heaven to save all of humanity from their sins. I know it in my heart. It changed me. Only Gods word can change the heart forever. God did mighty things for his people. He was with them. He helps me too today just like he helped Moses and His people. He answers my prayers. That's how I know.

If you pray to God to show you the truth he will. I am praying that someone there in New York will witness to you mightily.

August 2, 2016 7:07 PM MDT

You pray. That's your obsession.
      August 2, 2016 7:15 PM MDT