Discussion » Statements » Given how ridiculous it was to remove certain pics from my underwear question, perhaps it's time for AM to revisit their photo policy.

Given how ridiculous it was to remove certain pics from my underwear question, perhaps it's time for AM to revisit their photo policy.

Granny panties? Dancing babies? Seriously?

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/38879/how-often-do-you-buy-underwear-for-yourself

Posted - September 14, 2017

Responses

We have an Evangelical zealot monitor.   Some people need to be micromanaged when monitoring and they don't have that luxury here.

Too much power is doled onto these creatures and only the robots can keep on keeping on.  Like Mrs. Cleaver of yesteryear.  She just plodded along and was mostly hated.

I did not hate her at all. I just took her for what she was.  A very mixed-up person who thought that she was always constant and even in her decisions and was far far far from it.

No one else wants a job where you make no money but can tell others how to think.
      September 14, 2017 1:13 PM MDT

I request Asker's Pick here for emphasis.

asker's
      September 14, 2017 1:14 PM MDT

The site doesn't strike me as being so busy that it can't keep overzealous monitoring in check. Especially when it's actually brought to the attention of AM Poobahs.
      September 14, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

No kidding. 

This site doesn't require a lot of monitoring BECAUSE of the monitors.  They kick people off for insane reasons. I don't mind the PB'ing but KICKING someone off?  Especially some that receive such threats as Tom Jackson.  He is a very nice guy.  I don't know of the particulars. He is a reasonable, rational man.  He may have done some infraction, but threatening him with being thrown off?   That is INSANE.

Shades of Old School.   I guess we are back in the days of loving the uneducated.  I told both monitor and owner of site that that deal was none of my business and when I heard the story from everyone, I did agree with Just Asking that he had to be PB'd.   But thrown off?

That was half the brain of this site.  The rest of us equals the other half. 

September 14, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

So the monitors are given the power to throw people off the site for ordinary infractions and the owner allows this? Or is it that users are reminded of the rules and choose not to follow them? Just want to make sure I have this straight.
      September 14, 2017 1:33 PM MDT

I will not speak for Just Asking. 
    I can take her side, but I won't speak for her.

She's real good at speaking up for herself.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 14, 2017 7:18 PM MDT
      September 14, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

Understood. I find that there's usually more to these stories than meets the eye. Except perhaps in the case of deleting granny panty and dancing baby pics and overzealous monitoring.
      September 14, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

I waiver between getting mad and thinking this is a site we are on for free that she must maintain that comes with a cost.   We are not paying so I am an honored guest until I choose not to be.

Those, unfortunately, are the rules.   Life sucks and then we die.  Hey is this obscene?

I have a hard time believing we are being chastised for pictures that are shown on normal TV every day.  Underwear?  That is ridiculous.

September 14, 2017 3:21 PM MDT

Oh well, at the end of the day even overzealous moderation isn't worth getting our panties in a bunch.   ;-)
      September 14, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

It teaches us wisdom and cooperation and patience.

A whole LOT of patience.

September 14, 2017 3:28 PM MDT

Should i go erase my doo doo picture?
      September 14, 2017 7:19 PM MDT

I think the picture in question may have been one that I also found on Facebook....I refrain from comments often due to censorship....if I say it one-on-one, the humor is appreciated....otherwise, "someone" may be offended....my humor is so funny I laugh at my own comments...;-)
      September 14, 2017 3:30 PM MDT

Oh god, im going to get thown off of here arent i. ;+
      September 14, 2017 7:19 PM MDT

September 14, 2017 10:16 PM MDT

You WILL miss  me LyriclOne. ;+
      September 15, 2017 1:44 AM MDT

Miss you? I couldn't go on without you!  

September 15, 2017 3:44 AM MDT