Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » In the future will men become more weak and pathetic as women become stronger and more dominant?

In the future will men become more weak and pathetic as women become stronger and more dominant?

Posted - June 8, 2018

Responses

Sounds like someone's a bit paranoid.
      June 8, 2018 11:19 AM MDT

Who?
      June 8, 2018 11:23 AM MDT

I hope not.
      June 8, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

Probably yes, from all the hormones they put in our meat. AND all the soy products that are known to mess with mens testosterone. 
      June 8, 2018 11:36 AM MDT

I think there is a bit of truth to that.
    Some men become pretty emasculated over time within their relationships and some even become cuckolds.
    I don't think men should dominate women I believe in equality, but some guys should definitely be more proud of what they are and stand up for themselves more.
    It's not a bad thing to be a man and we should be good husbands and father's and workers, but we definitely shouldn't bow down to anyone either.
    Men probably are becoming a little too weak in some ways.

June 8, 2018 12:31 PM MDT

• I doubt it.

I hope we are changing and becoming more egalitarian - but the signs I see are not good.

Young men will always be the victims of their hormones and suffer through the processes of learning how to control them.

Certain religions preach that God made women only to be helpmates at half the value of men; they are unlikely to die out anytime soon.

There will be abuse of testosterone supplements, amphetamines, and alcohol.

There will always be some men too strong, too angry and too dumb for their own welfare, who commit crimes against others and end up in jail.

The ideal is that both men and women learn how to be neither passive nor aggressive,
    and both learn how to be assertive and negotiate for win-wins.

But it seems no one is teaching these skills in schools and few parents are good models.

The methods are very simple - and free online.
    But they take dedicated practice to acquire the skills.
    I wonder, if more people knew about them, would there be a higher take-up?

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 8, 2018 7:54 PM MDT
      June 8, 2018 7:49 PM MDT