Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Have you been deceived by Satan's lies?

Have you been deceived by Satan's lies?

Here is a video about a man who was unhappy and found God, his heart was changed and his whole life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bn5jExFaOI

Posted - August 14, 2016

Responses

"Messiah, God almighty"? Try Christ/Messiah = Son of God. At least that's what the Bible writers taught.

(Matthew 16:13-17) When he had come into the region of Caes·a·reʹa Phi·lipʹpi, Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.

You keep pumping yourself up as if you have special things revealed to you that wasn't revealed to the prophets. 

August 18, 2016 1:58 AM MDT

From history, I kinda get the idea that he would rather have people that are deceived by him to live while preferring to have killed those that he cannot tempt or break their integrity. Think about when Satan tried to tempt Jesus. Think of the endurance of Job. 

Remember that believers were killed by non-believers, usually of false religions.

(Matthew 24:9) “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.
    (John 16:33) I have said these things to you so that by means of me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.”

(John 16:2) Men will expel you from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he has offered a sacred service to God.
    (Acts 7:59) As they were stoning Stephen, he made this appeal: “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
    (Acts 12:1, 2) About that time Herod the king began mistreating some of those of the congregation. 2 He put James the brother of John to death by the sword.
    (Revelation 6:11) And a white robe was given to each of them, and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number was filled of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they had been.

Compare the tribulations that Christians go through with what those that follow your prosperity gospel go through. You don't preach in person unless you are approached first and then you tell them about how you gave all your money to the Lord via some Church or preacher or some other supposed godly religious organization and how they will be blessed like you.

August 18, 2016 6:23 AM MDT

"Oh for Christ's sake" is a bit ambiguous. It could indicate intolerance. If so you need to say why a short answer would trigger an intolerant remark.

August 18, 2016 11:41 AM MDT