Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What is worse than this? Just asking...

What is worse than this? Just asking...

Matthew 7:21-23 ...'Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.'

Posted - June 29, 2016

Responses

Notice how the ones that where rejected spoke of their ""many wonderful WORKS?""

They did not trust 100% in the Atonement of Jesus but instead relied upon themselves justifying themselves... 

June 29, 2016 7:53 AM MDT

Notice also that they are supposed to do the will of Jesus' Father?

"but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven"

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
    (Matthew 28:19, 20) Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

The main problem seems to be that they only profess belief in Jesus but do not do what he says.

(Mt 21:28-32)

(Luke 6:46) “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?

June 29, 2016 8:09 AM MDT

• Terminal illness.

June 29, 2016 8:12 AM MDT

June 29, 2016 8:18 AM MDT

We are all eventually going to die. This life is very short Mr. Bromide Don't you want to go to heaven?

June 29, 2016 11:21 AM MDT

Your  Bible Thumping post?  Nothing is more horrific than that nonsense. 

Self-serving Bible Thumpers are the most heinous problem on this planet.    I don't even read that crap.  Do you know why?  I spent 8 years reading that crap and I know more about it than you ever will.  Stop using this to back your silly ideas of what it means. 

Just wait.  You can congratulate yourself when the rest of the zealots glom onto this so they can google a LONGER post about what they don't know about The Bible, History and God. 

Why don't you join a BLOG for Jesus site that no one will bother reading?  At least you will be amongst your own.

June 29, 2016 11:24 AM MDT

Yes slavery is pretty bad, however we are all slaves to sin and Satan until we are slaves to Jesus who sets us free.

June 29, 2016 11:25 AM MDT

So do works matter? No. "Your best works are like  dirty rags"Only Jesus works on the cross matter and changes our hearts. He will be our judge. Either we are born again or not. How do we know if we are born again? If we want to please him with our whole heart and DO his will.

June 29, 2016 11:34 AM MDT

June 29, 2016 11:35 AM MDT

June 29, 2016 11:41 AM MDT

Sounds like you are very upset. I am so sorry that you are so  bothered by all these Christian posts. I do care very much about you! I do this because God tells us to witness, and I want people to experience Gods blessings. It is not always fun because people hate us. I do care very much about you though, and I hope that you have a good rest of the day.

June 29, 2016 11:42 AM MDT

We are certainly not under the Mosaic works of law as Paul pointed out on numerous occasions. No one can do God's will to the degree that Jesus did and does but are you saying that we don't need to do what Jesus said?

(Luke 6:46) “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?

(Ephesians 2:8-10) By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift. 9 No, it is not a result of works, so that no one should have grounds for boasting. 10 We are God’s handiwork and were created in union with Christ Jesus for good works, which God determined in advance for us to walk in them.

(James 2:14-26) Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, 16 yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it? 17 So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead. 18 Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend. 24 You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same manner, was not Raʹhab the prostitute also declared righteous by works after she received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26 Indeed, just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

June 29, 2016 12:11 PM MDT

Here is my favorite story, about a 17 year old boy a slave in Egypt, Joseph. He loved God and never sinned even though his brothers tried to kill him and he became a slave. Read what God did for him (google, Genesis 37-50) I cry every time I read this. God says that "Mine is the vengeance" We need to love, like Joseph and let God revenge. He does!

June 29, 2016 12:12 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 12:15 PM MDT

Sharonna, why don't you avoid the religion section if you do not want to view religious questions and answers??? Why don't you stop the personal attacks against everyone that post scriptures or post something that you don't agree with???

Carazaa and myself rarely agree on much but I don't attack her, at least I hope that my post disagreeing with her don't come off as attacks.

June 29, 2016 12:22 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 12:29 PM MDT

It is not a terrible story, but one of the greatest stories ever. God allowed him to go through attempted murder, slavery, accused of rape and prison for a purpose. God eventually made him Prime minister of Egypt.  because he was faithful, didn't sin, and loved his enemies. He forgave his brothers who were begging for food.  Joseph had the power to kill them but he didn't. He kissed them and said "What people meant for evil God meant for good" He was a mighty Godly man.

June 29, 2016 9:38 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 9:45 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 9:51 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 9:54 PM MDT

Yes they are supposed to do the will of Jesus That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

But these people will all about doing laws and good works.. to obtain eternity by following the law and doing good works..  They wanted eternity with God as a reward for making the grade,, for achieving that undefined level of goodness,, by being good enough...  It is a prideful human delusion that one can attain a state of goodness that would end up in one justifying their own place in eternity with God..

1 John 3: KJV

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

June 29, 2016 10:42 PM MDT

June 29, 2016 11:28 PM MDT
  • D&D

There are plenty of other bad fiction I can quote for you.

However if you actually believe the literal words of the bible then there is no more hope for you.

June 30, 2016 12:22 AM MDT

Thanks for posting that. Obviously you know the name of God's Son but what about God's name?

1 John 3: KJV

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

(John 6:29) In answer Jesus said to them: “This is the work of God, that you exercise faith in the one whom he sent.”
    (Proverbs 30:4) Who has ascended to heaven and then descended? Who has gathered the wind in the palms of both hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name and the name of his son—if you know?

June 30, 2016 2:11 AM MDT