Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Clinton "powered through" pneumonia to attend a 9/11 memorial, collapsed, and the media blew up. What would the headline have been if she had just stayed home and rested?

Clinton "powered through" pneumonia to attend a 9/11 memorial, collapsed, and the media blew up. What would the headline have been if she had just stayed home and rested?

CLINTON DISSES 9/11 VICTIMS, LOUNGES AT HOME DURING MEMORIAL SERVICES

There is literally nothing she can do that people will not criticize.

Posted - September 14, 2016

Responses

• But it's not pneumonia.  It's a neurological disorder that's been diagnosed by numerous Trump supporters via YouTube videos. 

September 14, 2016 10:44 AM MDT

• CLINTON'S ILLICIT AFFAIR WITH COLIN KAEPERNICK; STAYS HOME FOR NOOKIE!

September 14, 2016 10:46 AM MDT

• #ObamaCareDoctors

September 14, 2016 10:49 AM MDT

Enquiring minds want to know, when is Hillary leaving Bill for Colin?!

September 14, 2016 10:52 AM MDT

There is literally nothing that any presidential nominee can do that roughly half of the people won't criticize.

September 14, 2016 10:54 AM MDT

The false admission of "pneumonia" proves she is a covert reptilian operative!!

September 14, 2016 10:55 AM MDT

Where is my eye bleach???

September 14, 2016 10:55 AM MDT

•  as soon as her Alien baby leaves for college

September 14, 2016 11:22 AM MDT

• WTH Boz? Have you already used up what I gave you before? lol

September 14, 2016 11:23 AM MDT

It's been a rough coupla weeks!

September 14, 2016 11:44 AM MDT

Exactly. 

September 14, 2016 11:49 AM MDT

Good old WW News xD

September 14, 2016 11:49 AM MDT

Being criticized no matter what you do is and has always been one of many drawbacks to politics. I hardly think she's unaware of this, she has been in the field for quite some time.

That said, she's facing what appear to be serious health issues, not as president, but while running for president. This activity will only increase in pace if she becomes president. It's a little late in the game to get emotional because she's taking criticism for her health status. Certainly she and her constituents foresaw this inevitable reaction.

But especially when her health issues are an actual thing to be discussed, not some red-herring (attempts to read the minds and hearts of opponents) like that which she levied against Trump and his supporters. For the record, I'm not a Trump supporter and I'll be the first to say he's no better in that department, doesn't excuse the obvious, though.

September 14, 2016 12:04 PM MDT

On what do you base this assessment that she is facing "serious health issues"? On what do you base the prediction that the activity will increase?

There was a letter in 2015 from her doctor stating that she was in fact in good health, for her age, and her previous health concerns (blood clot, etc) were addressed. 

She may be hiding something, she may not, but what is the actual evidence that she is physically unfit? An acute illness doesn't necessarily mean she has chronic health problems.

September 14, 2016 12:11 PM MDT

Is a head injury that results in a blood clot in the brain not a serious health issue?

I don't think using it as an excuse for 'forgetting' qualifies as "addressing" it, though.

September 14, 2016 2:56 PM MDT

If you want to put it like that, yes, it's a serious health issue. So is a broken leg. But that's not the question. The question is, did it cause an ongoing condition which negatively affects her abilities today? I haven't seen much beyond speculation and conjecture to suggest that is the case.

When I say it was addressed, I mean her doctor, Lisa Bardack, is aware of this medical history, and she continues to be treated with medication to prevent blood clots. As far as I can see, she's been taking her health seriously, this recent episode notwithstanding.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/31/us/politics/hillary-clinton-doctor-letter.html

It's important to note that the letter is detailed, professionally written, and pertinent, unlike some other doctor's letters we could mention.

September 14, 2016 3:07 PM MDT