Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Did you hear about Trump's latest legal loss?

Did you hear about Trump's latest legal loss?

A New York judge ruled on Tuesday that Donald trump, his two adult sons, and several of his associates are liable for fraud. The ruling establishes that Trump overvalued his properties and inflated his net worth over several years, thus deceiving banks, investors, and insurers. 

The ruling strips Trump and several of his co-defendants of their business licenses within New York. On October 2nd a trial will begin to see what Trump will have to pay in damages - which is expected to be around 250 million dollars. Cheers!

Posted - September 26, 2023

Responses

That is exactly what MAGA is all about. 
      September 28, 2023 9:43 AM MDT

And she has nothing to say in response. Figures.
      September 28, 2023 2:17 PM MDT

I was gone a whole 5hrs from the site and you make it sound like I was running for cover.....someone of us have to work and have things to do IRL.
      September 29, 2023 5:47 AM MDT

We all do, not just you.
      September 29, 2023 8:31 AM MDT

You're the one who made the post saying I had nothing to say in response...... This post was edited by my2cents at September 29, 2023 4:20 PM MDT
      September 29, 2023 4:19 PM MDT

If that is who wins the elections fine.   But it is not the case.  Laws and regulations are not supposed to be easily passed.  That is how our system is set up.   And it is good. We do not need a government answer to every problem.  Most of the time it is part of the problem.  
    I would rather have anarchy than totalitarian.  And just to be clear,  I don't want anarchy....
      September 28, 2023 6:53 PM MDT

So you wouldn’t have Social Security or Medicare? Leave defense and the military up to each state?

What about transportation and infrastructure like roads, bridges, and tunnels? Just leave all that to private enterprise?
      September 28, 2023 8:33 PM MDT

If it is a choice between those or totalitarian....yes. I do not need the gov telling me what to do and how to do it. This post was edited by my2cents at September 29, 2023 6:52 AM MDT
      September 29, 2023 5:40 AM MDT

Nazis? President Zelensky is JEWISH, ffs.
      September 30, 2023 8:27 AM MDT

September 30, 2023 8:49 AM MDT

Only Russia is using Nazi tactics. Most of the ethnic Russians in the Donbors region didn't live there 20 years ago, Putin encouraged them to move there so as to justify his grabbing it - exactly as Hitler did in Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia in the 1930s. There are more quite a few ultra-right and neo-Nazi mercenary groups fighting for Russia too - Wagner PMC is the best known, but Rusich and the Russian Imperial Movement (declared a global terrorist organization by the US) are also prominent and both have been credibly linked to atrocities committed in Syria as well as Ukraine.
    ONE Ukrainian army brigade (the Azov) is known to number several Nazi sympathizers. Just one.
      September 30, 2023 7:48 PM MDT

"Just one" and they are still there.  They should be removed from the military.   Certainly not allowed to voice their opinions for the world to see.  
    Urkaine has a long history with Nazis an for some reason they like Canada.  Canada has many monuments to Ukrainian Nazi veterans in Canada.   
    I don't support Nazis in Urkaine or anywhere else.  And my tax dollars should not either. 
      October 1, 2023 5:03 AM MDT

Russian propaganda is playing this up and the base is buying it. Truth is, there are Nazis in the US and Nazis in Ukraine, but neither country is run by Nazis. 
      September 30, 2023 9:29 AM MDT

None of those images are from Russian media....those are images and headlines from WESTERN media before 2022.   

It is not Russian propaganda that President Trudeau and President Velensky and the Canadian Parliament just gave a documented Nazi from the Waffen SS during WWII praise and a standing ovation. The Waggen SS committed acts so bad that Germany refused to give them veteran's benefits. They were convicted in the Nuremberg trials.  This is who Canada and Ukraine just honored. This post was edited by my2cents at September 30, 2023 1:54 PM MDT
      September 30, 2023 1:23 PM MDT

So what. If you were able to understand what I wrote, you would know that I didn't dispute it. And what happened in Canada was  a mistake and neither Trudesu or Zelensky were responsible.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/canada-speaker-apologizes-ukraine-nazi-veteran-honored-rcna117125

I could give a history of Nazism in the Ukraine and the US, but it would go over your head. Just keep on doing Putin's work for him and see how that pays off. This post was edited by Jane S at September 30, 2023 2:17 PM MDT
      September 30, 2023 2:04 PM MDT

No one gets recognized on Parliament floor without getting a background check etc. 
    The Sec did not just see a constituent in the crowd and decide to mention introduce him for his service as a veteran.   That does not happen.  Some knew and did it anyway.  

I say again....we should not be supporting Nazis in Ukraine. And our allies should not be applauding the Nazi veterans.  This is not just some random vet either.  He was a Volunteer for the SS division. And was important enough he has articles about just him, he has his own Wikipedia page (assuming Wiki did not delete it to cover for Ukraine and Canada).  
    They may have been ignorant at the time but their staff knew and did it anyway. 

Why are their monuments to Ukraine Nazis in Canada? 
      October 5, 2023 6:55 AM MDT

So you think 50% of the population should be completely disregarded and your party should control 100% of the people.  Know what that's called - COMMUNISM.
      September 28, 2023 10:08 AM MDT

I think anything passed should have more than 50% to pass.  If not the pass nothing.  I did/do not vote for my Congress people to pass things that I do not support.   Just as I am sure you do not want your Dem Congress person voting for things you do not support.   So if niether side has significant majority.....nothing should pass. 
    Senate is supposed to need 60 voted to pass bills. 

Communism is when the government owns the property and the means of production.  Instead of it being privately owned property. 
      September 28, 2023 7:15 PM MDT

Actually,  I think it's fascism. 
      September 29, 2023 6:38 AM MDT

I would like all the Congress people, and government people in general, to work together for a common good.

EDIT: I find this thread hard to follow  :)

My reply is to my2cents' post that she does not want her Congress people working across the aisle.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 29, 2023 4:25 PM MDT
      September 28, 2023 7:00 PM MDT

Problem with that is no one on either side of the aisle can agree on what is "for the common good."

Ie. Covid lockdowns, were they good?
    Should the border be secure? 

I cannot think of anything both sides would agree on that matters. Can you?
      September 29, 2023 5:12 AM MDT

Yes, I can. I find that working together, with respect for each other, is what I'd like my government have as an ultimate goal.
    I too often just see divisive fighting and name calling in the USA government.

To me, a more mature way is mature adults who may realize that they may not get everything they want or demand.
    Life, for me, is not adults demanding everything they want and accepting nothing else.

Working together, living together, is necessary to me.

I live in an area in which I disagree politically with many people, yet, I get along with them and work together. Some are even dear friends to me.
    If I can do it, politicians can, too. It can be enlightening for all to be open to others' ideas, too, and not just shut down and demand. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 29, 2023 8:27 AM MDT
      September 29, 2023 6:28 AM MDT

Thank you, Welby, for this articulate answer. 
      September 29, 2023 6:44 AM MDT

You're very welcome, Jane S. I appreciate it.

EDIT: to Jane S's "thank you" to me. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 5, 2023 4:59 AM MDT
      October 4, 2023 8:21 PM MDT

Sounds good.  And yes people should be able to discuss policies without name calling. (Yes I know Trump fails in this Biggly...I support him because he supports MY policies)

But we are talking about lawmakers, what issue can both sides agree on?  The only things they can agree on is we can rename a PO Office or other things that do not matter.   So again, I ask what do they agree would be for the common good that matters?
      September 29, 2023 6:48 AM MDT