Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why are some folks freaking out so much about Hillary's loss? Even old Bill didn't believe she was running an effective campaign.

Why are some folks freaking out so much about Hillary's loss? Even old Bill didn't believe she was running an effective campaign.

And she blamed James Comey, not herself - to wit:

"Clinton herself has blamed FBI Director James Comey for re-launching an investigation into her emails only to clear her days before the vote; while operatives across the spectrum, including former President Bill Clinton in the campaign’s closing days, argued that she failed to adequately reach working class white voters that had been drifting away from the Democratic Party."

Read the rest here - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-campaign-neglect_us_582cacb0e4b058ce7aa8b861

I
've heard people ask what principles she had other than thinking it was her turn?

Posted - November 18, 2016

Responses

I think her principles were way more visible and transparent than Trump. But that aside I think people aren't really freaking out on the loss by HRC rather than a disbelief that Trump won the majority of electoral votes. The disbelief that Americans were willing to let someone who spread hatred towards several minorities get in charge. Hmm. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 18, 2016 9:45 PM MST
      November 18, 2016 12:20 PM MST

I think Old Billl  saw the writing on the wall no matter what was done. 

She ran a good campaign.   She was clear, concise and to the point. 

I guess she should have had Bill give a speech he copied from Michelle Obama. Maybe that would have done the trick for her.
      November 18, 2016 12:22 PM MST

Perhaps her basic problem was not being nearly as skilled a politician as Bill was.
      November 18, 2016 1:02 PM MST

I think she was, Stu. Remember she had to overcome Bill's history.  Bill was in a better place at the right time. 

But you know what?  I think he would have won.  If this was his first shot at this?  I think  you are right.  No one could speak like that man.  He was the best of the best. 
      November 18, 2016 1:07 PM MST

If you don't understand why some people are "freaking out" because a large minority of Americans elected a narcissistic con man, whose main campaign themes were prejudicial hatred of everyone except low-education white men, to be President,  I'm not sure rehashing it for the umpteenth time will help you.

And, yes, there is some evidence the Comey letter to Congress DID influence the outcome.

http://www.reflector.com/News/2016/11/17/ECU-Profs-Comey-letter-influenced-election.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/11/1596764/-Comey-really-did-elect-Trump-Here-s-the-data-that-shows-it

November 18, 2016 12:33 PM MST

YEEAYYYY OLD SCHOOL

(see?)  I know what I am talking about even when I have no proof.

November 18, 2016 12:37 PM MST

But it's clear that it's not his fault. The Democrats didn't nominate a strong enough candidate.
      November 18, 2016 1:01 PM MST

@StuB -- I agree. HRC was not a strong candidate and almost any other Democratic presidential candidate with even slightly less baggage would have defeated Trump handily.

But we, as voters, should also recognize that sometimes our choice is between the mediocre and the truly awful, and NOT vote for the truly awful just because it would be a change from the mediocre.

I think San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich expresses the sentiments of many quite well:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18026810/gregg-popovich-san-antonio-spurs-expresses-frustration-donald-trump-election-victory
      November 18, 2016 1:42 PM MST

Indeed, but obviously people disagreed on which candidate was worse - and therein lies the rub.
      November 18, 2016 3:01 PM MST

@StuB -- Yes, there is a great "rub" when people think a racist/xenophobic/sexist narcissistic con man/bully is the "better" candidate compared to relatively conventional (flawed, but conventional) HRC.

It tells you ***A LOT*** about the morals and priorites of those people.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/9/30/1576113/-If-You-Tell-Me-You-Are-Supporting-Trump-I-Already-Know-Seven-Things-About-You
      November 18, 2016 3:08 PM MST

Obviously that's your opinion.
      November 18, 2016 6:46 PM MST

@StuB -- If you see a flaw in my analysis, please present it.

November 18, 2016 6:50 PM MST

That's your opinion, but it's not gospel. The thing about opinions is that they're like assholes - everybody has one. Obviously, enough people disagreed with you for Trump to win.
      November 18, 2016 9:44 PM MST

@StuB -- If it is your opinion that the Moon is made of Green Cheese, you are simply empirically WRONG!

If your opinion is that Trump will be a better President than HRC would hav been because the Moon is made of Green Cheese, then you are also simply empirically WRONG!

If you believe Trump is the Intrepid Outsider and Successful Businessman who will Reform Washington and Shake Up The Status Quo so the Common Man Benefits, you are simply empirically WRONG. There was copious evidence that Trump was talking out of his backside telling people what they wanted to hear...and we are seeing his true colors, as indicated by prior evidence,  borne out in Trump's proposed appointments for various offices.

If you still think all of Trump's nastiness and his continuing the Corporatist Kleptocracy with a new set of Kleptocrats is worth it, because that Nasty D*ke B*tch Traitor won't end up President, that's a matter of opinion. I disagree with it, but it's based recognition of what Trump really is.

Just because 48% of the people are delusional enough to think Trump will work on their behalf doesn't make it TRUE. Just ask me. I voted for Barack Obama based upon what I hoped he would do. He did almost none of it, and I freely admit that. In fact, I think he should be sharing a jail cell along with the Boy Emperor/Darth Cheney regime for being a despotic tyrant and a war criminal. I have actual principles and empirical evidence (such as Obama's confession "We tortured some folks" which AUTOMATICALLY makes him a war ciminal) to back that opinion.

What do you have backing your opinion besides fairy dust and wishful thinking?
      November 18, 2016 10:11 PM MST

I saw Stu's partial answer under this question on the site calling someone an asshole.  I  wondered who in the world would get him so riled.      I should have known. 

I need to read this.  It is my question.  Oh goodness.   This is not my question.  This is Stu's.  HAAAAHAA I saw my video on here and I thought it was a similar question I posted.  I got to read this.  I will try and keep out of it.  TRY.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2016 11:00 PM MST
      November 18, 2016 9:55 PM MST

ok here is where this goes SOUTH and Stu blows it.  LOLOLOL

Obviously that's your opinion.   STU B

Now, Stu.   It is hard to sit back and not say something.  Really.  Are YOU KIDDING ME?   You hate Hilldog that much you think she is on par with Donald Trump then. 

NO  Not even close.    I'm sorry.   I'm really done here.

I borrowed this before for someone else on here.  I got it from OS, so I will let you see what this sounds like to normal people's ears.

I borrowed this and I am sure the other Mugger won't mind.

"I'm still sick to my stomach, and not basically because the Republicans won or anything, but the disgusting tenor, tone and all the comments that have been xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic," he said before the Spurs' home game against the Detroit Pistons. "And I live in that country where half the people ignored all that to elect someone. That's the scariest part of [the] whole thing to me.

"It's got nothing to do with the environment, Obamacare and all the other stuff. We live in a country that ignored all those values that we would hold our kids accountable for." This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2016 10:06 PM MST
      November 18, 2016 10:00 PM MST

@Sharonna and OS: I never said I hated Hillary. Heck, I voted for her. I was just saying that opinions are like assholes - everybody has one. I wasn't calling anybody one! All I was saying, OS, is that you have your opinion, and you can be right all day and all night and twice on Sunday, but that doesn't change the reality that enough folks disagreed with you to get Trump elected. Unfortunately, it was a battle of two terrible candidates and she lost. Time to move on - we all have our lives to live.
      November 18, 2016 11:07 PM MST

Well we ARE past that fact and moving on to the fact that we are stuck with Adolph Hitler instead of her.  And your arguments on here do not assert that at all.   But I am glad you are kind of seeing the point here, albeit marginally.  

November 18, 2016 11:13 PM MST

But it didn't influence the outcome any more than Clinton's inability to get out the vote in key states. That's the fault of nobody but her and her campaign.
      November 18, 2016 6:48 PM MST

It has been 12 year since some have seen their candidate lose. Some could have been 6 years old when Bush won the second time. To many people this seems as a new thing. These people crying their heads off in youtube and twitter all look under 25 to me in most cases so they could have been 13 or younger since this last happened. They do not have same perspective.
      November 18, 2016 1:23 PM MST

When I remember being younger I remember so much certainty over what is right and what is wrong. I hear some of them say that it was wrong trump won and to them it is fact. I sympathize because I remember this. No with more experience the word is never so so simple and I see that neither candidate is right or wrong and this is just choosing better of two bads which is a daily activity for those who have moved high eough in career or raised children or had such life experience.
      November 18, 2016 1:25 PM MST

• Yes but when you say the better of two bads.. is a man who has openly spouted hatred for disabled people, black and mexicans, women and pretty much everyone else really not wrong??  I am sorry but i have a ethics and that means that someone who spouts such evil can only do evil..Hilary was definitely the lesser of two evils here.. i didnt see her spouting hatred for women, ethnic minorities or anyone else either.. Trump behaved like a bully he won on inciting hatred and anger.. that makes him a bad president and a bad human being imo
      November 18, 2016 3:31 PM MST

They probably didn't have Goldman Sachs stock options.
      November 18, 2016 1:24 PM MST

It's simple why Clinton lost, she was going to continue Obama's policies  and keep the losers in his administration . 
      November 18, 2016 1:43 PM MST