Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Do you put God first? See what happens

Do you put God first? See what happens

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Know-God-Blesses-Us-When-We-Tithe/7658873

And those who haven't read the other story.

I was young with two small kids. My husband decided to move in with a girl he met at the store. I had a part time job making $400 a month. I prayed to God to give me wisdom. He told me in my heart, and in the Bible to put God first in everything even my money, so I did. I gave 10 % to the church which was going to make me low on my rent in 3 weeks. But in the Bible, book of Micah, it says "I challenge you to trust me, give me your first and I will pour down heaven for you" so I trusted him. After 2 weeks I received a knock on my door. A lady that I had given a ride to visit her friend in a nursing home a couple of times had died she said, and she wanted to give me all the money from the gift she had inherited from her friend $22,000. I could pay my rent. God never fails us...I have challenged God by putting all my eggs in Jesus basket. It was the right basket!

Posted - July 18, 2016

Responses

Speaking from the heart is great, but abuse is never ok. We should always be loving.

July 20, 2016 10:05 AM MDT